Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Keep some couscous in your cupboard as a stand-by, it's ready in minutes. By Toby Tobin.
- 8 ounces couscous
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce (red or green will be fine)
- 1⁄2 vegetable stock cube
- 5 1⁄2 ounces mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 ounces arugula
For the dressing
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce (red or green)
- 1 lemon, Juice
- Tip the couscous into a large bowl along with the pesto and crumble over the stock cube. Pour over 1 3/4 cups boiling water and give it a good stir to dissolve the stock. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to stand for 10 mins until all the water has been absorbed.
- To make the dressing, mix together the olive oil, pesto and lemon juice. When the couscous has swelled up, pour the dressing over and flake through with a fork, breaking up any clumps. Toss in the mozzarella, tomato and arugula, then serve.