Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great starter to any meal.
Make and share this Tomato & Mozzarella Caprese - Official Recipe - Olive Garden recipe from Food.com.
- 8 slices of vine-ripened tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 medium fresh basil leaves
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 8 slices
- dry oregano leaves
- sea salt or kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Arrange sliced tomatoes on a large platter.
- Place one basil leaf on top of each tomato slice.
- Place one slice of mozzarella on top of each basil leaf.
- Spring oregano, salt and black pepper on cheese and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Finish with drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
It's amazing how the most simple of recipes can sometimes be the BEST ones. :) This is so delicious and perfect just as is! Thank you so much for sharing it!
This was very light and springy. I had one problem because I already had so much grated mozzerella that I didnt want to get more. The olive oil and balsamic vinnager soaked into it and made a soggy mess. Luckily ive had this before so I know what it really tastes like
This was divine! Such a delicious, fresh tasting start to the meal. I used smoked mozzerella and even picky DH was blown away. This is a keeper!