Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe courtesy of: Giada De Laurentis Cooking Italian
Make and share this Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Bruschetta recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add drained tomatoes, 1 cup basil leaves, olive oil and 2 garlic cloves.
- Pulse until smooth, but somewhat chunky.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- On a baking sheet, line up baguette slices.
- Toast in oven for about 3 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Workking quickly, rub the remaining garlic on the toasted side of each slice and then lay a piece of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Place bread back in oven and melt cheesel slightly, about 45 seconds.
- Remove from oven and spread 1 T of the tomato mixture on each piece.
- Place bruschetta on a decorative platter and garnish with basil leaves.