Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
I made this as an appetizer, but if you would like to make it as a dessert, please increase the amount of sweetener. For this recipe, you need to peel the tomatoes to create smooth, creamy texture. If you don't know how to peel tomatoes, please Google "How to peel tomatoes." For more healthy, gluten-free, pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- 100 ml milk (I used almond milk)
- 50 ml heavy cream (I used coconut milk creamer.) or 50 ml non-dairy coffee creamer (I used coconut milk creamer.)
- 3 tomatoes (large)
- 6 strawberries, stems removed
- 2 teaspoons agar-agar, powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a measuring cup, pour 100 ml milk or milk alternative and heavy cream or heavy cream alternative. Set it on the kitchen counter to bring it to room temperature. You can also use 150 ml milk or milk alternative.
- Peel the tomatoes (See the above note) and cut them into large chunks.
- Place tomato chunks and strawberries in a blender and blend until it become a smooth liquid.
- In a sauce pan, place 100 ml water and agar-agar powder and bring to a boil while whisking.
- Add about 1 cup of the tomato mixture and keep whisking for a couple of minutes. If you use agar-agar flakes instead of a powder form, you might have to whisk longer (5 - 10 minutes) to let it dissolve. Turn off the heat.
- Add the remaining tomato mixture, milk mixture, lemon juice, salt and honey. Mix well.
- Pour into a container (about 8 x 8 inches).
- When the mixture is cool enough, cover and place the container in the refrigerator to let it set for about 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to eat, scoop into a dish, decorate as you like, infuse love and serve!