Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the September 24, 2006 Sun-Herald. Serve with barbecued fish or meats.
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 2 (400 g) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup mint leaf, torn
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Blanch 4 ripe tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds, drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Remove skins and coarsely chop.
- Place in a large bowl with cannellini beans, garlic, mint leaves, extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper and toss gently to combine.
This was a wonderful addition to our neighbourhood picnic lunch. Instead of whole, diced tomatoes, I used quartered grape tomatoes (so no need to skin or de-seed). We like sour, so I used 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar. Wonderful salad. Thanks!