Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This large juicy tomato filled with spicy couscous makes a lovely side dish.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons currants
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 50 g couscous
- Scoop the pulp from the tomatoes & chop.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan & fry the onion until softened. Add the pine nuts,garlic & cumin, fry for 1 min.Meanwhile prepare the couscous using the packets instruction.
- Remove from the heat, then add currants, coriander & the cooked couscous. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the tomatoe shells & place on a baking sheet.Bake in a preheated oven at 180C/gas 4 for 15 minutes.