1/1 Photo of Tomato Marmalade
1 hr 30 mins
This is a nice way to show off your garden tomatoes and makes a nice Holiday food gift as well! A break from the traditional orange marmalade.
My Private Note
Eight o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1REMOVE peel from tomatoes and cut in small pieces.
- 2Slice oranges and lemons very thin and quarter the slices.
- 3Pour off juice from the tomatoes.
- 4Add sugar.
- 5Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- 6Add oranges, lemons, and spices which have been tied loosely in cheesecloth bag.
- 7Place mixture over high heat and boil rapidly, stirring often.
- 8Cook until clear and thick (about 50 minutes).
- 9Pour into sterilized jars to within 1/2 inch of top.
- 10Put on cap, screw band firmly tight.
- 11Process in Boiling Water Bath 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (4557 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1042.1
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 268.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 259.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g