Recipe by Steve P.
This is a nice way to show off your garden tomatoes and makes a nice Holiday food gift as well! A break from the traditional orange marmalade.
Top Review by Erin K. Brown
I didn't put the citrus bits into a cheesecloth, I took all the peel and skin off of them and just threw them in. I saved one orange and one lemon to slice and quarter and threw those in last minute for the aesthetic effect.
- 3 quarts tomatoes (12 cups, after cutting)
- 2 oranges
- 2 lemons
- 10 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 6 tablespoons broken cinnamon sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- REMOVE peel from tomatoes and cut in small pieces.
- Slice oranges and lemons very thin and quarter the slices.
- Pour off juice from the tomatoes.
- Add sugar.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add oranges, lemons, and spices which have been tied loosely in cheesecloth bag.
- Place mixture over high heat and boil rapidly, stirring often.
- Cook until clear and thick (about 50 minutes).
- Pour into sterilized jars to within 1/2 inch of top.
- Put on cap, screw band firmly tight.
- Process in Boiling Water Bath 10 minutes.