Recipe by Satyne
Created for Dining on a Dollar Feb 2013. Hard group of ingredients to pick from so here's hoping this is tasty. Tomato Ketsup was the secret ingredient.
Top Review by I'mPat
The chicken had wonderful flavour and was moist and fall off the bone after baking at 175C fan forced for 50 minutes but our only disappointment was there was no sauce to put over the rice, also normally I would use a sugar free maple syrup but couldn't get any so used the real deal and paid for it with high blood sugars so know not to do that again. So would make again but with sugar free maple syrup and reserve some of the sauce to pour over the rice, thank you Satyne, made for Photo Tag tag game under the 24 hour rule.
- 1⁄2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 2 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Take all ingredients except for drumsticks and rice and place in a pot.
- to simmer on medium low until the sauce thickens. Approx 10 Minutes.
- Brush the chicken with the glaze.
- Lay out your chicken on a baking tray and pour the rest of the sauce.
- over the meat.
- Bake the chicken until cooked. Approx 45 minutes at 175 Celsius. Turn.
- at the halfway mark. Check it with a meat thermometer.
- Serve on a bed of rice.