Recipe by Sage
A great old-fashioned soup recipe;true comfort food. You can make this in your slow cooker in the morning, leave it on Low, but add the macaroni the last 1/2 hour only. Sprinkle on freshly grated parmesan cheese and enjoy a taste of yesterday.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery leaves, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, cubed
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup macaroni, uncooked
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter.
- Add onion,carrots, celery and celery leaves and sauté until softened.
- Add tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth.
- Simmer for 45 minutes; add macaroni and cook on Low until pasta is cooked(app 30 minutes.).
- Taste and add salt and pepper.