Recipe by Buffington
This is another of my favorite Minnesota hotdishes. Once again, this is my mom's recipe that she used to make when I was a kid.
- 1 lb ground beef (you can also substitute your favorite "other" ground meat)
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked (or 3 cups if you want it to go farther)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, do not drain (you can also use crushed if you like bigger pieces of tomato)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweet corn
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped (whatever your favorite kind, I use white onions)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and drain off grease.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- In a large pot or casserole, combine ground beef, noodles, tomatoes, corn and soup (use soup as is from the can, do NOT add anything to it).
- Simmer in large pot on stove, or bake at 350 degrees in casserole dish until heated all the way through.
- Top with your favorite variety of shredded cheese before serving.