Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very good and hearty soup that is very popular in the cold northern new york winters. I learned how to make this soup after customers requested it and seemed that I could never make enough!
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained (I crumble mine)
- 1 lb cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups water
- Place all ingredients in a large stock pot and heat throughly. serve with freshly baked bread or with just crackers. we always served it as a soup and salad special. Enjoy.
I made this for lunch today. To me this wasn't really a soup, it was very thick. I followed the recipe exactly as written. I thought it needed a lot more liquid. I did add another cup of water but still thought it was more like a pasta dish then a soup. We liked it but thought it had a bit too much garlic. I ate mine topped with parmesan cheese.
I am just leaving a comment for now!
Sounds real good, but my first thought was chorizo insted of ground beef...
Will rate again when I try it both ways!
(Edit 07.13.12 ) Made both ways, chorizo is best!