Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy, simple side dish that goes great with any meat. MIL gave to me and my family loves it!
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 cups grated colby-monterey jack cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce (more for more tomato taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- Boil macaroni according to pkg directions.
- While that is cooking, heat bacon grease in small saucepan.
- Add tomato sauce, garlic powder and salt.
- Bring to boil, then simmer till heated through well.
- Put macaroni in large bowl and add cheese.
- Pour hot tomato sauce over cheese and macaroni and mix very well till cheese is all melted.
USMCWF83, this recipe came in very handy the other night. I owed you a review for your football pool win and I NEEDED a side dish for meatloaf. I will have to say this recipe fit the bill. It went together quickly and complimented my meatloaf recipe very well. I do think next time I will cut back a bit on the tomato sauce (just my personal preference as it made it thicker than I would have liked). DS asked me to make it again soon and he is the king of picky eaters. Congratulations on your 2007, Week 17 win!!!