Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A healthier dip for raw vegies. Use a sour cream product like IMO or fat-free sour cream. Make sure tomatoes are well drained.
- 453.59 g sour cream substitute
- 453.59 g stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 118.29 ml green onion, chopped
- 0.78 ml Tabasco sauce
- 7.39 ml lime zest, grated
- 2.46 ml dry dill weed
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate, covered, for 1/2 hour.
- Serve with raw vegetables cut into decorative pieces. Use carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, celery etc. along with unusual vegetables such as fennel, endive and various colored peppers.
This was a very tasty recipe. I added a healthy squeeze of fresh lime juice to bring out the lime flavor. I had some left over so I heated it up and added some cooked jumbo peeled and deveined shrimp. I served it hot over fetticini pasta. Delish!!!! NO left overs then.
This is a nice dip. I think I like it best with crackers. I like that it is a healthier dip alternative! Thanks for posting. :)
flavorful! I used grape tomatoes in this one, and loved the lime and Tabasco! Made for Football Pool 2012