Mika G.'s Note:
I'm allergic to tomatoes and I'm always craving spaghetti so I found this recipe and it is really good. My husband likes it better than regular spaghetti sauce. I'm anxious to try it in lasagna. I also add a can of black olives and a can of mushrooms for texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Place peppers, onion and garlic cloves into a 9" x 13" pan.
- 3Drizzle with olive oil and toss well.
- 4Put in oven and roast for about 45 minutes.
- 5Pour vegetables, all the black bits and the juices into a saucepan.
- 6Add water and seasonings and puree in a food processor.
- 7Stir in chicken broth and heat as for regular sauce.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato-Less Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.6
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 340.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g