Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I'm allergic to tomatoes and I'm always craving spaghetti so I found this recipe and it is really good. My husband likes it better than regular spaghetti sauce. I'm anxious to try it in lasagna. I also add a can of black olives and a can of mushrooms for texture.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place peppers, onion and garlic cloves into a 9" x 13" pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss well.
- Put in oven and roast for about 45 minutes.
- Pour vegetables, all the black bits and the juices into a saucepan.
- Add water and seasonings and puree in a food processor.
- Stir in chicken broth and heat as for regular sauce.