Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe my husband came up with. I'm posting it for my own use. It's a great alternative to having a main course with meat, very filling and tasty.
- 1 lb lentils
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 onion
- 6 stalks green onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- Make the bag of lentils according to the directions, drain and rinse.
- Saute onion, green onion and garlic in EVOO until the garlic browns.
- Add fresh diced tomatoes and red peppers and cover, stirring frequently at med-low heat approx 10 mins (until tomatoes are soft).
- Mix veggie mix into lentils and salt to taste.