Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is especially yummy and easy to make. There will be lots of leftovers for lunch the next day. You can play around with the herbs. Use whatever you have.
- 1 1⁄2 cups lentils
- 2 large onions
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- black pepper, lots
- Cook lentils in the water.
- Meanwhile, chop the onions.
- Sauté onions in a little oil.
- Add the tomatoes when the onions are translucent.
- Cook 5-10 min then add the lentils.
- Cook 5 more minutes.
I just made this stew and it is amazing!!!! I added stew meat and used the crock pot. Also used Jane's mixed up salt instead of regular salt and also added a bunch of garlic. Very yummy on a cold winter day. :)