Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy make ahead soup.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large bell peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup rinsed sorted lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- Heat olive oil in a 4 quart saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add onion, pepper, garlic and thyme.
- Cover and cook until soft, but not browned.
- Add water, lentils, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 30 min.
- or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Simmer ten min.
- to blend flavors.
A good quick soup recipe. Next time I would add some stock cubes to the water to give it some extra oomph.