Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy and very good for you, this shouldn't taste as good as it does! But it does. We've enjoyed it often with fresh bread and butter. No oil in the recipe, so you can really enjoy the buttery bread without guilt!
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed tomatoes (1/2 a can)
- 3⁄4 cup dried brown lentils, rinsed
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse lentils, place in pot with water, cover and bring to a boil. Leave covered and let simmer at medium-low heat for 1/2 hour.
- Once lentils are cooked, add crushed tomatoes, diced carrot, diced garlic, salt and pepper to the lentils.
- Stir well, heat over medium heat, about five minutes, stirring a couple of times. Serve with fresh bread and butter, and enjoy!