Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A rich filling lentil soup to warm you on a winters day.
- 6 ounces red lentils
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons bouillon
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 5 g butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 pint boiling water
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- Soak the Redlentils in enough water to cover them for at least 2 hours.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter with the oil.
- Mix the bouillon with the water and add to the saucepan.
- Add the onions, garlic and carrots. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes, thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- cook for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- Blend until smooth, adding more water if necessary.