Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Probably the simplest tomato dressing for a salad there is. From Chef Michael Smith. He suggests using an immersion blender since it's easier to clean up :) Also that it might take a few minutes to get to the smooth puree.
- 1 large ripe fresh tomato, diced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Put everything in a blender until a smooth puree forms.
- Strain through the finest strainer you have. This will smooth out the dressing by removing seeds and tiny bits of the tomato’s skin.
This was so yummy, I could of just had this to drink! I added fresh ground pepper and some sea salt too. Went perfectly over fresh spinach leaves, sliced thin onion, and nice, tasty croutons. Glorious! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* October 2009
Very yummy and healthy too ! .... i also added my personal italian herb mix (dried oregano, parsley and basil). You may also add ground flax seeds if you're into that. Enjoy!
Deliciously simple! I did add at least 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper and can see that you could certainly add spices to suit your taste. I like how it does NOT have any sugar. I wonder what the NF would be if you plugged in say 8 servings? I used the suggested oil amount but think it could be reduced and still taste great. Thanks MarraMamba for sharing. Made for Everyday is a Holiday!