Recipe by Derf
Tasty side dish.
Top Review by Bergy
Delightful! I love the top layer of potatoes, the scattered crushed garlic infuses it's flavor into the potato and the potaotes turn crunchy brown. The recommended shallow pan is just the ticket because you want to expose as many potato slices as possible. I loosley placed a piece of foil over the dish for the first 45 minutes and removed it for the last 45. Excellent side dish Thanks Derf.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 3 fresh rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable stock or 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Grease a 5 cup shallow ovenproof dish.
- Scrub and thinly slice the potatoes, layer them with the leeks and tomatoes in the dish, scattering some rosemary between the layers and ending with a layer of potatoes.
- Add the garlic to the stock, stir in salt if needed and pepper to taste, then pour over the veggies.
- Brush the top layer of potatoes with olive oil.
- Bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours until the potatoes are tender and topping is golden and slightly crisp.