Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of my favorite easy fix dinners. The recipe originally came from the back of a kielbasa package years ago but I doctored it up with many different ingredients to make it my own. Everyone in my house loves it.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- 1 package of fully cooked Polish kielbasa or 1 package lite turkey kielbasa (sliced)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 18 ounces penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Cook penne pasta as directed in separate pot.
- In a large skillet add olive oil, onion, garlic, and sliced kielbasa over cook over medium heat until onions are tender.
- Stir in diced tomatoes (undrained), tomato sauce, oregano, parsley, vinegar, and cooked pasta.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese, if desired.
My husband & I thought it was ok tasted like spagetti, our Guest liked it, probably will not make again. I did use extra garlic & added green peppers, it looked nice & made a lot of food. we usually just add Kilbasa to a box of Zaterans and are happy.
I added some green bell peppers and increased the garlic. It was really good. I tend to like a bit more sauce with my pasta but this recipe was so good as is that I didn't feel the need to add any extra.
This was a hit with my family. The only thing different I may do next time is put in some green pepper to give it a little more color. I used 2 packages of keilbasa in mine also. It was quick and simple to make and tasted great.