Recipe by Chef Jeff Garland
Sometimes we all don't have tomato juice on hand when we need it. This is a simple easy fix with a can of tomato paste you have in your pantry. I find it taste better than most canned juices out there at a fraction of the cost.
Directions See How It's Made
- Dump the paste in a pitcher. Get it all out with a spoon.
- Fill empty can with water and dump it in the pitcher. Repeat until you have done this 4 times.
- Use that same spoon with all the paste stuck to it to stir it up.
- Add salt.
- Stir again.
- Put in the fridge and chill.
- Hint. Cut the other end of the can off and you have a perfect cookie cutter for small cookies or biscuits. Next time you open a tomato sauce can (8 oz) it makes a normal size cutter.