Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sometimes we all don't have tomato juice on hand when we need it. This is a simple easy fix with a can of tomato paste you have in your pantry. I find it taste better than most canned juices out there at a fraction of the cost.
- Dump the paste in a pitcher. Get it all out with a spoon.
- Fill empty can with water and dump it in the pitcher. Repeat until you have done this 4 times.
- Use that same spoon with all the paste stuck to it to stir it up.
- Add salt.
- Stir again.
- Put in the fridge and chill.
- Hint. Cut the other end of the can off and you have a perfect cookie cutter for small cookies or biscuits. Next time you open a tomato sauce can (8 oz) it makes a normal size cutter.
This is a great recipe for basic tomato juice & pantry friendly too. Thanks for posting so I did not have to figure out the ingredient ratios.
This is a money saver for sure. Love your hints at bottom too. Thank you.
Easy, Cheap, Handy and Good. Doesn't get any better than this. Thnx for posting, Jeff. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.