Crostini served with olive tapenade, which is topped with a delectable sounding jam if you love tomatoes. How much the recipe yields is a guess (it's from the Food Network, and they didn't actually give a yield in number of servings it makes).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml peeled seeded and diced plum tomatoes
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 236.59 ml carrot juice (recommended ( Trader Joe's)
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon zest
- 14.79 ml ground fennel (optional)
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 236.59 ml pitted french oil-cured black olive
- 1 garlic clove
- 118.29 ml freshly chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 118.29 ml pitted green olives
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 1To make the Jam: Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and over low-medium heat, reduce by.
- 21/3, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature before serving.
- 3To make the Tapenade: Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until coarsely mixed. Set aside.
- 4To make the Crostini: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Thinly slice the baguette crosswise, and line up on a cookie sheet. Toast in the oven until golden brown, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven. Slice the garlic clove in half and rub each toast with the cut side of the garlic. Serve with Tomato Jam and Olive Tapenade.
- 5NOTE:I'm going to give a brief description with how to blanch tomatoes (for those who don't know how). Bring a medium to large.
- 6saucepan of water to a boil. Add the plum.
- 7tomatoes. Boil for a couple of minutes (not so long that they become soft and mushy).While the water is boiling, have a large bowl.
- 8filled with ice. Inside the larger bowl,.
- 9have a smaller bowl that is filled with ICE COLD water (to make it this cold, refrigerate.
- 10the smaller bowl filled with water). Remove tomatoes gently (so as not to bruise or mash them) with a soup ladle. Put them into cold water and allow them to cool down. When cool enough to handle, skins should slip off easily when you peel them.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Jam and Olive Tapenade
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.7
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 378.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g