This is a very good old time jam thats great on toasted english muffins-not to mention a great way to use a surplus of tomatoes.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scald, peel, core and quarter tomatoes-Squeeze out seeds and juice reserving only the pulp.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for 10 minutes-stirring frequently-uncovered.
- 3Measure-you want 3 cups of pulp.
- 4Put pulp, lemons and pectin in a large pot-stainless or enamel.
- 5Bring to a full boil stirring constantly.
- 6Add sugar and boil rapidly for another 3 min.
- 7Cool for 5 min, stirring often.
- 8Ladle into clean, hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- 9Process for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 881.3
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 227.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 208.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g