Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Created by one of my best friends...what a successful combination!
- 2 (15 ounce) canscreamy tomato soup
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup hummus
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- red chili pepper flakes
- Cook orzo according to package instructions, leaving al dente.
- Heat up the tomato soup in a large saucepan.
- Add the yogurt and hummus and stir until consistent (should take about 10 minutes). It will look gorss and lumpy at first but by stirring for a while, it will smooth out.
- Add tomatoes without juices, orzo and garlic and cook for 5 more minuted.
- Add salt, pepper and chili to taste.
This really is a nice combination. I couldn't find creamy tomato soup and had to use the regular kind. Like the previous reviewer, I cooked the orzo directly in the soup rather than cooking it separately. I love .the garlic and the hummus.
Wow - what a great combination! Who would have thought to do this? I did veer slightly off the recipe, but the intent was the same. I could only find 15 oz. cans of tomato soup (not creamy), so I ended up adding a little half-and-half near the end. Rather than cooking the orzo separately, I added it to the tomato soup and cooked it for 9 minutes in that, then added the yogurt, hummus, etc. I think this would be great with different types of hummus - like garlic or red bell pepper. This was so easy and so satisfying. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2012.