Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this in a potato cookbook picked up in a thrift shop. A nice simple side to make using fresh herbs & tomatoes.
- 6 small new potatoes, scrubbed
- 15 g butter
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons chives, snipped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- splash white wine (optional)
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender & drain well, set aside.
- Melt butter in same pan, add tomatoes, herbs, pepper & wine if using, saute for 1 minute.
- Return potatoes to pan, toss gently until heated through.
My new potatoes were a little large and my cherry tomatoes really small - I would use more tomatoes next time or perhaps the grape tomatoes. I also probably doubled the herbs at least, added some lovage which adds a slightly bitter counterpoint that works really well with the other ingredients. I also halved my potatoes when adding them to the butter, just to help them absorb more of the herby goodness of the sauce. So delicious!
terrific potatoes, i used them in a side with some fabulouse mexican burgers i made for zwt..these are easy and yummy
I tried these based on Bird and Wigal's recommendations in the top 2008 game and was not disappointed. I totally agree with Bird, the tomato with the potato is what makes it sing! So I would make sure you stick to cherry tomatoes, unless you can get garden or other very flavorful ones for the regular kind. I used more of the fresh herbs - they really make this dish too. I halved the butter (1/2 tablespoon - about 7.5 grams), and just followed step 3 and coated/warmed the potatoes (did not fry them til cripsy). These are delicious and could even be eaten for breakfast like homefries!