Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
There is nothing like an easy omelette for brunch!
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons water
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄4 cup shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl pour in egg substitute.
- Still in dried herbs and spices.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Add egg mixture.
- As egg sets at edges, use a spatula to gently push cooked portions toward the centre of the skillet; tilt skillet to allow uncooked portions to flow into the empty spaces.
- When omelette is almost set ont he surface but still looks moist, sprinkle tomatoes and cheese over one half.
- Slip spatula under unfilled side;fold omelette in half.
- Cook briefly until cheese is melted.
I doubled the recipe for my son and I and used eggs instead of egg substitute. My son and I really enjoyed this. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
This was so good my DH made me make 2 for him. Made for fall PAC 09