1/2 Photos of Tomato Herb Bread
This savory bread is great with soups or pasta dishes! The recipe came from a cookbook called "Stand By Your Pan: Country Music Cookbook" by Diane Pfeifer. Her funny alternative country-music-inspired title for the recipe is "Bread River Valley" :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and Parmesan cheese. In a smaller bowl, combine the egg, oil, honey, parsley, basil and tomatoes.
- 3Pour the tomato mixture into the flour mixture and stir until blended. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle poppy seeds over the top (if using).
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Herb Bread
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.6
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 638.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 11.3 g