Recipe by Sooty_Cat
This has a good flavour to go with many different dishes. I have made the amount of tomato paste variable depending on your taste - if you really like tomato flavour, try 1 1/2 to 2 tbs of tomato paste. Otherwise just try it with 1 tbs. I also tend to use an italian mix of herbs, but have also just used dried basil in the past and this works as well.
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast, heaped
- 1 teaspoon minced jar garlic or 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon dried herbs, heaped
- 1 -2 tablespoon tomato paste, heaped
Directions See How It's Made
- Add ingredients in the order your bread machine manufacturer tells you to do so. I suggest using the basic setting for this bread. To aid in the mixing of the bread, I suggest combining the tomato paste with the water before adding it to the machine. Put the garlic in with the water too.
- You may add the herbs at the start, or when the machine beeps to add extras. I have found it doesn't make a great deal of difference.
- This may be enjoyed while still warm, or toasted, and is good just spread with butter or grilled with cheese on top!