Recipe by Lorac
A great supper dish with a green salad and a glass of Pinot Grigio. Add this to your buffet dinner or potluck supper
Top Review by Miss Annie
Wow!!! My husband and I loved this dish. It was an easy dish to prepare. I chose this recipe because it sounded good, and I thought I had all of the ingredients on hand. I had only one fresh tomato, so I added 1 can crushed tomatoes with garlic and basil, and it was very tasty. I did add about 1/4 cup sour cream to the mayonnaise so I could spread the ham mixture easier. Thanks for posting this wonderful, easy, dish. I took your suggestion and served with a crisp green salad.
- 8 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked ham, chopped
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine ham, mayo, and parsley.
- In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cheese and melted butter.
- In a greased 9x13-inch baking dish, place 1/3 of the tomatoes, top with 1/3 of the ham mixture, cover with 1/3 of the breadcrumb mixture.
- Repeat process, creating 2 more layers.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.