Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great supper dish with a green salad and a glass of Pinot Grigio. Add this to your buffet dinner or potluck supper
- 8 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked ham, chopped
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine ham, mayo, and parsley.
- In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cheese and melted butter.
- In a greased 9x13-inch baking dish, place 1/3 of the tomatoes, top with 1/3 of the ham mixture, cover with 1/3 of the breadcrumb mixture.
- Repeat process, creating 2 more layers.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Wow!!! My husband and I loved this dish. It was an easy dish to prepare. I chose this recipe because it sounded good, and I thought I had all of the ingredients on hand. I had only one fresh tomato, so I added 1 can crushed tomatoes with garlic and basil, and it was very tasty. I did add about 1/4 cup sour cream to the mayonnaise so I could spread the ham mixture easier. Thanks for posting this wonderful, easy, dish. I took your suggestion and served with a crisp green salad.
We just had a very tastey supper, thank-you Lorac!! I ran out of left over ham so I cooked up a couple of chicken breast halves, cut in bite size pieces,sauted in olive oil, left out the mayo,thought I didn't need it with the olive oil,added some left over mushrooms and salt and pepper, did everything else as instructed, cut back for the two of us, turned out wonderfull. It's a real keeper because it's versatile, can use what's on hand, with the basic recipe. Thanks for sharing a very useful recipe!!
Wow! This was absolutely scrumptious :) I had lots of tomatoes to be used up in the garden, and lots of left-over ham from last night... and this was just the perfect recipe. I cannot tell you how much we enjoyed this! The only thing I would do is double the ham mixture as we wished there was more to cover the tomatoes, so next time I will give it a try. Absolutely delicious, and we thank you so very much for this recipe!! Dianne