Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This sounds amazing, though I've never tried it. Let me know what you think!!!
- 4 slices toast (thick slices)
- tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soft butter (optional)
- 1 slice bacon (optional)
- Place tomato slices on toast.
- mix cheese, whochestershire sauce, mustard, and butter.
- spread on tomato.
- top with bacon and broil until cheese bubbles.
Quick breakfast with a lot of flavor. I added some lettuce after taking the picture and I definitely like the extra crunch it added. Thanks!
I dramatically downsized this recipe to fit 2 pieces of cocktail rye. Since I am South Beaching (and not even suppose to be eating bread :roll:),I used fat-free cheddar, omitted the butter and crumbled crispy turkey bacon over the slices of roma tomatoes. The flavor was wonderful. I would consider mixing in a bit of cream cheese next time. My 2 tiny, open-faced sandwiches were a nice accompaniment to my large tossed salad for lunch.