Recipe by Charlotte J
I want to try this recipe with fresh tomatoes from our garden. Recipe by Robin Mattox of S.C.
Directions See How It's Made
- In cast iron skillet, cook 8-10 slices of bacon until cripsy.
- Drain bacon and pour off all but 4-5 tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- In the same skillet with bacon drippings, add diced tomatoes.
- Then add crumbled bacon pieces.
- Stir all together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 15 minutes and then pour over cooked rice.