Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tomato Gravy is a traditional 'suthuuuuuuuun' thang.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, chopped and with juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash celery salt
- Melt butter in skillet and add onions.
- Saute until transparent.
- Reduce heat and gradually add flour, stirring to prevent lumping.
- Cook until brown and add tomatoes with juice.
- Blend tomatoes into mixture.
- Add salt, pepper, sugar, worcestershire and celery salt.
- Simmer 10-15 min and serve over hot biscuits.
- Serves 6-8.
Perfectly traditional and delicious- just like I remember. Thanks for posting!