Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
In the south, this is a rice's best friend.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; add the onions and sauté until tender. Stir in tomatoes; bring to a boil. reduce heat and simmer stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir whipping cream into remaining ingredients; simmer stirring often for 3 minutes or until mixture is thickened.