Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Tennessee Magazine.
- 2 tablespoons meat drippings or 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, melt drippings.
- When hot, stir in flour, salt, and pepper, blending well.
- Continute to stir until mixture is dark brown.
- Add tomato juice and water, stirring until well blended.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.