Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Posted per request and courtesy of Southern Living, this recipe calls for beef broth, salt and tomato sauce. Serve with meatloaf, over mashed potatoes or whatever else.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in small saucepan and whisk in flour; whisk constantly for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in broth and tomato sauce, reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- Whisk in salt and pepper.
Terrific!!! Had this over turkey meatloaf and mashed potatoes---wonderful! Next time we're gonna try it on hot meatloaf sandwiches on garlic texas toast--I just know that will be really good too! Thanx for posting this!