Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Posted per request and courtesy of Southern Living, this recipe uses chicken broth and sugar. Serve over mashed potatoes or whatever else.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes, w/basil oregano and garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir constantly until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add broth and stir until smooth.
- Add tomatoes, sugar and pepper; stir often for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.