Posted per request and courtesy of Southern Living, this recipe uses chicken broth and sugar. Serve over mashed potatoes or whatever else.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add flour and stir constantly until smooth, about 1 minute.
- 3Add broth and stir until smooth.
- 4Add tomatoes, sugar and pepper; stir often for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Gravy #1
Serving Size: 1 (584 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.3
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 226.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g