Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This has to be one of the easiest and tastiest side dishes. For variation, try basil or dill instead of the thyme. Serve with bread and a green salad.
- 453.59 g large tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 0.25 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml heavy cream
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme leave
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- 29.58-44.37 ml parmesan cheese, grated (or other hard sharp cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400°F Slice the tomatoes and closely pack together in a single layer in an ovenproof dish. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Stir together the cream, garlic, thyme and cayenne, if using, add salt and pepper if you like, then trickle over the tomatoes.
- Scatter over the cheese, then bake for 30 minutes until golden and bubbling.
I have tons of plum tomatoes from my garden right now and they were perfect for this recipe. I made this exactly as written and loved it. I wish I would have doubled it, but it's easy enough to make, so I'll just make some more. Thanx!