Recipe by English_Rose
This has to be one of the easiest and tastiest side dishes. For variation, try basil or dill instead of the thyme. Serve with bread and a green salad.
Top Review by *Parsley*
I have tons of plum tomatoes from my garden right now and they were perfect for this recipe. I made this exactly as written and loved it. I wish I would have doubled it, but it's easy enough to make, so I'll just make some more. Thanx!
- 1 lb large tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (or other hard sharp cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400°F Slice the tomatoes and closely pack together in a single layer in an ovenproof dish. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Stir together the cream, garlic, thyme and cayenne, if using, add salt and pepper if you like, then trickle over the tomatoes.
- Scatter over the cheese, then bake for 30 minutes until golden and bubbling.