Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 2 lbs roma tomatoes, peeled,seeded and halved (or one 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, well drained)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons dry marsala (optional)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb, made from french bread
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix tomatoes, garlic, 2 1/2 tablespoons chives, and Marsala in bowl to blend; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to 8 inch gratin dish.
- Toss breadcrumbs, cheese, and olive oil in large bowl to blend.
- Season topping to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle topping over tomatoes.
- Bake until juices bubble and topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon chives and serve.
Excellent! I loved this dish. Lots of garlic.
My husband and I really enjoyed this dish. I used canned tomatoes as I didn't have any fresh on hand. Thanks.