Recipe by Jean R
From The Oregonian's FOODday section. Quick and easy to put together. I made it for a group of friends and they really enjoyed it.
- 118.29 ml onion, diced
- 59.14 ml celery, diced
- 59.14 ml carrot, diced
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 793.78 g canned tomatoes, chopped and undrained
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 236.59 ml water
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, minced
- 4.92 ml granulated sugar
- 113.39 g gorgonzola, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy pot saute the onion, celery and carrot in the oil until the onion is soft, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and saute briefly, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and their juices, tomato paste, water, basil and sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook until carrots are tender.
- Remove from the heat, add the gorgonzola, cover and let sit for 3 minutes, stir to blend. Salt and pepper to taste.