I made this for Labor Day Weekend and boy the taste is phenominal....Very elegant. Got the recipe out of Cusine at Home Magazine....Putting here for safe keeping. Try and find the creamy gorgonzola cheese or soft.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb dry medium pasta shell
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup creamy gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1Bring a pot of salted water to a boil for the shells.
- 2Cook shells according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 3Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onion, pepper flakes, and black pepper; cook 3 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add tomato paste and garlic; saute for 1 minute.
- 4Stir in tomatoes and vinegar. Bring to a boil and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- 5Add cream, simmer for 1 minute, then stir in cheese, basil, cooked shells, and salt.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato-Gorgonzola Sauce With Pasta Shells
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.3
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 490.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 16.3 g