Recipe by KJK #5
This is one of my favorite ways to have fresh tomatoes.
Top Review by Katanashrp
Mmmmm...that was awesome! I made few substitutions with what I had on hand, I used cherry tomatoes instead of beefsteak and garlic instead of onion (I strongly dislike raw onion). I also added a few drops of olive oil. Yum! I'm going to make some more tomorrow and probably every day for the rest of the week, lol. Thank you.
- 2 tomatoes, Beefsteak or other large variety
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut in rings
- 1⁄4 cup gorgonzola
- black pepper
- balsamic vinaigrette
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice tomatoes into 1/4" thick slices.
- Arrange on plate, top with sliced onion, gorgonzolla & dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- I cheat - to make the dressing I just add a couple dashes of balsamic vinegar to my favorite store bought oil & vinegar / Italian salad dressing.