Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my favorite ways to have fresh tomatoes.
Make and share this Tomato & Gorgonzola Salad / Appetizer recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tomatoes, Beefsteak or other large variety
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut in rings
- 1⁄4 cup gorgonzola
- black pepper
- balsamic vinaigrette
- Slice tomatoes into 1/4" thick slices.
- Arrange on plate, top with sliced onion, gorgonzolla & dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- I cheat - to make the dressing I just add a couple dashes of balsamic vinegar to my favorite store bought oil & vinegar / Italian salad dressing.
Mmmmm...that was awesome! I made few substitutions with what I had on hand, I used cherry tomatoes instead of beefsteak and garlic instead of onion (I strongly dislike raw onion). I also added a few drops of olive oil. Yum! I'm going to make some more tomorrow and probably every day for the rest of the week, lol. Thank you.
My favourite sandwich ingredients minus the bread, so what did I do but toast a slice to have on the side...! Lovely 'salad' though, really, wonderful flavours. I used my favourite vinegar, fig balsamic.