Recipe by MarieRynr
This recipe is a delicious mix of flavours with the intenseness of the tomatoes and the smooth goat's cheese. It is a quick, easy and a good mid-week dish. Serve with a salad and some fresh french bread to mop up all the flavoursome juices.
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce (I use Rich Tomato Compote Rich Tomato Compote)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 (100 g) packagessoft rindless goat cheese
- 16 pitted black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 180*C.
- Spread two thirds of the tomato compote over the base of an 9 by 8 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle over 1 tsp of the thyme.
- Slice the tomatoes and goats cheese, then arrange in rows on top of the compote.
- Scatter over the remaining thyme and the olives.
- Spoon over the remaining compote.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then pop the gratin under a hot grill until golden.