Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
GREAT MIX OF FRESH GARDEN PRODUCE & HERBS. GREAT BASE FOR SPAGHETTI, CHILI, & SOUP. BESIDES THE TOMATOES, GARLIC & BALSAMIC VINEGAR ANY COMBINATION OF HERBS, SPICES & VEGGIES CAN BE USED.
- 6 lbs tomatoes, cored & quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups coursely chopped carrots (OPTIONAL)
- 1 1⁄2 cups coursely chopped celery (OPTIONAL)
- 1 1⁄2 cups coursely chopped onions
- 9 cloves garlic, coursely chopped
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (OR LESS)
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES.
- PLACE ALL INGREDIENTS IN LARGE ROASTING PAN.
- ROAST FOR 45 MINUTES OR UNTIL VEGGIES ARE SOFT.
- BLEND BREIFLY IN FOOD PROCESSOR, BUT LEAVE SLIGHTLY CHUNKY.
- FREEZE IN 2-CUP PORTIONS.
Try without the balsamic. It did not work for my family.
Totally agree with last review. Tasty and easy. Looking forward to using as the base for future meals.
Very tasty. I have made two big batches with my garden tomatoes and froze them. I especially like the ease of preparation - no blanching!