Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Tomato-Garlic Shrimp over Creamy Corn and Maple Sticky Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 ears fresh corn
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces queso fresco (or ricotta)
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails off)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon roasted garlic and herb seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons lemon herb finishing butter
Maple Sticky Bread
- cooking spray
- 1 (12 ounce) bakery baguette or 1 (12 ounce) French bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup, divided
- 4 ounces deli brie cheese
- Slice corn from cobs (3 cups).
- Chop onion and tomatoes.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add onions, salt, and pepper; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in corn; cook 2-3 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Transfer mixture to food processor (or blender); add sour cream and cheese, then blend until smooth.
- Heat same pan on medium-high 1-2 minutes. Place remaining 2 tablespoons oil in pan, then add shrimp and garlic/herb seasoning; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink and opaque.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in butter until melted. Serve shrimp over creamy corn; top with tomatoes. Serve.
- Nutritional Information: CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 420kcal; FAT 26g; CHOL 225mg; SODIUM 1190mg; CARB 21g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 27g; VIT A 30%; VIT C 25%; CALC 25%; IRON 8%.
- Maple Sticky Bread:.
- Coat baking sheet with spray.
- Cut eight (1/2-inch-thick) slices from bread.
- Preheat large nonstick sauté pan on medium 1-2 minutes. Place butter in pan to melt. Add syrup and bring to a simmer.
- Add bread, turning immediately to coat both sides; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until bread is browned (bread will be sticky; syrup will be absorbed). Transfer bread to baking sheet.
- Cut brie into 8 thin, bite-size slices. Arrange cheese slices on bread; let stand 2-3 minutes to harden. Serve.
- Nutritional Information: CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 330kcal; FAT 14g; CHOL 45mg; SODIUM 340mg; CARB 42g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 8g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 0%; CALC 10%; IRON 6%.