1 hr 10 mins
Comfort food. Garlic is good for you and tastes great. If you like french onion soup, this is a nice addition to your soup collection. A salad is good with this soup for a light meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blanche the garlic for about 30 seconds until slightly soft.
- 2Cool, peel, and thinly slice.
- 3Saute onions in oil until they are soft and golden.
- 4About 10-15 minutes.
- 5Add garlic, tomatoes and tomato juice to onions.
- 6Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer 30 minutes.
- 7Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 8Add beef broth and bring back to a boil.
- 9Ladle into oven-proof bowls and top with toast and cheese.
- 10Put in oven until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Garlic Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (609 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.2
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 1458.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 23.4 g